Art Director and Account Management
Creative design is the heart and soul of 36, and someone filling a Senior Design position is fueled by their passion for creativity and excellence in graphic design. Someone looking to fill this role is both interested in showing off their chops as a seasoned designer and exploring the next stages of their career.
The person we’re looking for not only needs to be a powerhouse in identity, print, and interactive design, but also has to have a fire inside them that says “what’s next?!”
If you’re that person, firstly, settle down. We’re going to get to what’s next. Secondly, we want to set you on the path toward an awesome future that involves effectively presenting your work to clients, guiding other creatives, and building holistic brands.
- Exemplary skill in design, typography, and layout.
- A strong ability for conceptualizing, planning, process, and communicating goals.
- Optimal time management and the ability to internally communicate as deadlines approach.
- A superb understanding of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- A strong understanding of Sketch/Figma is also a plus.
- The ability to receive critique and provide it to others.
- Professional presentation skills and a knack for communicating your ideas to clients.
- A willingness to support your teammates.
- Consistency in quality and the ability to prevent errors.
- This designer must be able to conceptualize and prepare creative work that draws on direction taken from brand strategy documents or research.
- You will need to create design assets (logos, web/mobile designs, print collateral, packaging, etc) based on direction provided by an art director and research supplied by brand specialists. Web design, in particular, is something 36 is well-known for.
- You will begin to take on the responsibility of creating a design direction (in collaboration with an art director) and guiding other creatives in collaboratively building brands.
- You will need to review your work and collaborate with interactive developers and UX/UI specialists to produce creative but intuitive interactive designs.
- Design presentations will be made for clients and revisions preformed based on their feedback.
- You will need to be able to have an understanding of how designs might translate into complete brand systems.
- In addition to being able to receive and supply internal critique, a senior designer must be able to communicate with clients, partners, and remain versed in industry technology, trends, and techniques.
- Most importantly, 36creative is a team, and we’re looking for new members that fit seamlessly and contribute creatively inside of our office culture.