36 is seeking a well-rounded, talented UX/UI specialist who can turn ideas, concepts, and interfaces into rich user experiences. This position is ideal for someone who wants to participate in the many activities of the UX/UI spectrum. Ranging from understanding needs, researching, creating concepts, to delivery — you enjoy all facets of the UX/UI process.
While keeping a keen eye on usability, the right person also keeps an eye on accessibility as part of their practice to provide an inclusive experience for everyone. Though ideal, accessibility is not a strict requirement to the position as we will help provide direction when necessary.
This position involves working with multiple projects, both new and existing, across various industries.
- Curious, egoless attitude; always looking for creative ways to solve problems, both new and old.
- Have at least two years of experience in UX/UI projects, specifically in digital products like websites and web applications.
- Love solving problems for the user and have the empathy needed to understand them.
- Enjoy the research and analytical side just as much as the creative.
- Team player, capable of collaborating with both in-house and partner teammates.
- Self-motivated and comfortable with promoting the optimization of internal processes.
- Have excellent organization, communication, and timekeeping skills. You know how to articulate the “why” and have discussions around your process and conclusions.
- Having the correct mindset; seeing things from the perspective of the users you’re designing for.
- Comfortable with planning and facilitating user tests, surveys, workshops, and other interactions with clients and users.
- Strong presentation skills and professionalism in client interactions.
- Comfortable learning new processes and methods; you enjoy keeping up with and learning the latest best practices.
- Know how to identify issues from your past experiences and are not afraid to offer constructive criticism on a whim.
- Know how to improve products iteratively.
- Have experience with surveying and analytical tools—for example, Qualtrics, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Hotjar, Lucky Orange, etc.
- Have experience with planning and creative tools—for example, Invision, Sketch, Figma, Miro, etc.
- Have experience with various online services around collecting feedback, user testing, etc.
- Know how to analyze and optimize your workflow per project needs.
- Know how to design and optimize for both mobile and desktop experiences.
- Can point to a reason behind everything.
Processes you may be involved with
- User research (interviews, focus groups, surveys, persona development, user journeys, testing, etc.)
- Wireframing and Prototyping (including IA, diagramming, low-fi, hi-fi, clickable, etc.)
- More testing (user testing, usability testing, A/B, tree, navigation, etc.)
Nice to haves (but not required)
- The ability to identify and scope required processes in a way that best fits a client’s budget.
- Some web development knowledge
- Some web design knowledge
- Degree in Psychology, UX, Design, or related fields
- Knowledge of accessibility practices
- References (client or past positions)
Candidates can go through various portfolio items and pick one to use as a walkthrough. It would be great to touch on a few various and different types of projects.
Candidates should walk through a past project or example starting from discovery and research through execution and delivery. From there, a candidate should show their involvement in ongoing processes to test and improve products iteratively. Web-related experience is a bonus!
Salary & benefits
Salary commensurate with experience – $70-85k. All employees get benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, flex time off, vacation, sick time, paid training, office perks, and more (ask us!)